These days, hacking on Facebook has become rampant and common. A lot of people have seen their Facebook accounts being hacked by an unknown set of persons.
These hackers might take confidential information from the hacked account, as well as revealing the person’s privacy to 3rd parties, and also use other vital information found in the person’s account to the detriment of the person.
Read Also : How to monitor your friends WhatsApp messages with your phone
As technology increases, cybercrime increases as well. According to reports from Cybercrime security ventures, cybercrime damages will cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021, up from $3 trillion in 2015.
Some of us may have suffered from the damages caused by these bad hackers, while some have seen people suffering from hacked Facebook accounts.
That’s why in this post I will be tutoring you on the steps on how you can Safeguard your Facebook account from hackers.
Due to the incessant attacks from these bad hackers, Facebook has now introduced a new feature that will enable its users to safeguard their accounts from these black hat men
Read also: How to make money with Opera News for just writing articles
This new development from Facebook comes with a Two-Factor Authentication method.
Once you enable this feature, you will need a login or verification code every time you want to login into your Facebook account from a new device or browser, thereby reducing the chances of your account being hacked to the slimmest margin.
Read also: See how to activate Airtel 500MB cheat valid for 30 days
How To Safeguard Your Facebook Account From Hackers
Yeah, let’s simply head over to how you can Safeguard your Facebook account from hackers.
- Quickly launch your Facebook app, head over to your Settings & Privacy > Settings
- Select Security and Login > tap Two-Factor Authentication.
- After tapping Two-Factor Authentication, you will be asked to select a security method. These security methods will aid you to be receiving verification codes when someone attempts to login into your account from another device or browser. Since you will be the one to be receiving the verification code, the hacker will be unable to access your Facebook account, and thus fail in his mission.
- Select any of the methods and tap continue. But in this article, I will be using the Text Message (SMS) Security Method.
- After that, you will be asked to choose the mobile phone number you will use to receive the verification code and as well as other future verification codes.
- Hit Continue after choosing or adding your preferred phone number.
- A verification code will be sent to the phone number you selected. Copy the code and paste it into your account to finish setting up your Two-Factor Authentication.
Boom! Your Facebook account has been safeguarded from hackers, and you can now enjoy your Facebook account without fear of the threat posed by these hackers.
I hope this information will be useful to you, and please share it with your friends to also help a friend.