I have been receiving a lot of complaints from friends recently on how to connect PPSSPP for multiplayer on android.
Due to this mass quest from them, I now decided to make a guide on how you can play PPSSPP multiplayer games with your friends using local multiplayer mode.
The ppsspp multiplayer feature allows two or more players to pit together on various PPSSPP multiplayer games.
With the ppsspp multiplayer, you can now enjoy and rival with your friends on various PPSSPP games.
This feature will be very essential especially, for those who do not have Playstation consoles at home. The ppsspp multiplayer now gives you the space and portability of playing and competing with your friends anywhere and at ease.
Also, since you’re using your device, the game controls and gameplay becomes convenient for you.
Does PPSSPP Support Two 2 Players?
Yes. you can play PPSSPP with 2 or more players. You can use the settings to play PPSSPP games with two or more players
The method can be used to play any PPSSPP multiplayer games like PES 2016, PES 2018, PES 2019, PES 2020, PES 2021.
The settings also apply to other PPSSPP games like Naruto. Can be used to play multiplayer on Tekken 6, Mortal Kombat, WWE SmackDown vs Raw, and other PPSSPP multiplayer games.
I will be using the best and simple methods so that you will have no much trouble on how to configure the PPSSPP multiplayer game. Without wasting much time, let’s simply dive into the settings.
Basic Requirements Inorder To Connect PPSSPP Multiplayer
- PPSSPP emulator app (Install PPSSPP emulator here)
- You must have at least 512MB of RAM and enough storage space
- Android Phone with Portable WI-FI Hotspot.
- And also functioning WI-FI
How To Connect PPSSPP For Multiplayer On Android
STEPS TO TAKE
- Turn on your Android’s Portable WI-FI Hotspot, and tell your friend or whoever you want to play with to turn on their Wi-Fi and connect.
- After that, both of you should launch the PPSSPP emulator app. Don’t open the game you intend to play yet.
- While on the PPSSPP ap menu, Go to the PPSSPP’s SETTINGS
- Tap >Networking
- Enable networking/WLAN– Check or tick the same function as PSP’s Wlan Switch.
- Adhoc server IP address– This is very necessary. The both of you should type 192.168.43.1 as your pro ad hoc server IP address to avoid hanging or the ppsspp from freezing
- MAC address- click on change MAC address to generate random MAC addresses. Make sure both players use different MAC address
- Enable Built-in PRO Adhoc Server- Tick only if you’re the host (the phone that enabled Portable-Wifi-Hotspot)
After that, start the game. If it hangs, use Frameskip.
Now go to Match > Exhibition
chose >Adhoc by pressing X.
The host should Make Room while the other player should Search For Match Room.
Make sure you are the one setting up the room if you are the one who turned on the hotspot, i.e. the host. The other player should Search For Match Room.
After successfully setting up the room, choose your preferred teams and enjoy the multiplayer mode.
How To Fix PPSSPP Multiplayer Connection Issues
Sometimes, while trying to connect the ppsspp multiplayer mode with your friends, you might experience some connection issues like unable to find host or host unable to create room. The issue sometimes could be from your end or may not.
To confirm the problem isn’t from your end, simply recheck the ppsspp emulator multiplayer settings used above just in case you may have made a mistake with the settings.
If everything’s ok with the settings, but the issue still persists, do this to fix the ppsspp multiplayer connection issue.
To fix ppsspp multiplayer connection issues, simply exit the ppsspp emulator app. Your friend should do the same too.
Now, turn off your hotspot, and ask your friend to turn off his or her wi-fi.
After that, turn on your hotspot and ask your friend to turn on his or her wi-fi and connect.
After creating the connection, open the ppsspp emulator app and start the game.
Goto Match > Exhibition > Adhoc. Make room and the other player should Search For Match Room.
Once connected, proceed to team select and enjoy your ppsspp multiplayer game.
- The host is the one that turned on his hotspot, while the other player connected via WiFi
- Make sure you create the hotspot and WiFi connection before opening the ppsspp emulator app
- Don’t use cheats during multiplayer mode!
List Of PPSSPP Multiplayer Games
Below is a list of some of the ppsspp multiplayer games.
- PES 2016
- PES 2018
- PES 2019
- PES 2020
- PES 2021 and equivalent
- WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011
- WWE 2K17 PPSSPP
- WWE 2K18 PPSSPP
- Need For Speed NFC
- Fight Night Round 3
- Tekken 6
- Tekken Dark Resurrection
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes
- Dragon Ball Z
- Street 2
That’s all. For any questions, kindly drop your comments below.