Inline with the directive from the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) that all SIM cards be linked to their National Identification Number NIN to avoid their SIM cards from being blocked, Airtel have now devised an easy means on how one can actually link their NIN to their SIMs.
According to NCC, the deadline was for a duration of 2 weeks. I.e 30th December 2020 after which defaulters will be blocked. But later on, the commission later extended the deadline to February 2021 so that more people can have a good percentage of time to link their NIN to their respective numbers.
So if you are yet to link your NIN to your Airtel number or do not know how to link it, simply adhere strictly to the below guide.
How To Link Your NIN To Your Airtel Number
Without taking much time, lets simply move onto the steps on how you can link your NIN to your Airtel line.
- Quickly visit the Airtel site at airtel.com.ng/nin
- Simply provide your Airtel number and request for a one-time password (OTP)
- After receiving your OTP, copy and paste it in the area required.
- Finally hit proceed and move to the next page where you will be required to fill in or provide your National Identification Number NIN.
- Quickly dial the USSD code *121*1# and follow the on-screen prompt.
After successfully linking your NIN to your Airtel number you can now be rest assured that your Airtel line will not be blocked come February 2021
If you have any issue or encounter any problem while trying to link your NIN to your number, simply drop your comments for further assistance. And also share this with your friends