Today’s edition will see me talking about how you can transfer money from Wema Bank to other banks as well as all other transfer codes for Wema bank which includes how to buy airtime or data, TV subscriptions, electricity bill payments, quick loans from Wema bank, etc.
Wema Bank Plc, commonly called Wema Bank is a commercial bank in Nigeria fully licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). Wema Bank is Nigeria’s first digital bank as it operates the largest digital banking system in Nigeria, and is also the fastest-growing commercial bank in the country.
With that, you should see how reliable and credible Wema bank is, and how instrumental its services are.
But due to ignorance, some of us are unable to access or enjoy certain services offered by the bank like how to transfer money from our wema bank account to other accounts, buying of airtime and data, payment of bills, and a whole lot of services.
That’s why I will be bringing to your notice all the transfer codes or ussd codes that will help you perform any banking activity with Wema bank and also introduce you to the wema bank mobile banking.
But then, before we proceed to how you can transfer money from your wema bank account to other accounts, let’s check out the Wema bank official USSD code, and how to activate the wema bank transfer code so that you can perform USSD banking transactions.
Wema Bank Official USSD Banking Code
The official USSD code for Wema Bank offline banking is *945#. This code works offline as you don’t need any internet connection to carry out any transaction from your Wema Bank account with it. It’s easy to use, fast and reliable.
Read Also: USSD Transfer Codes For Banks In Nigeria
How to Activate Wema bank USSD Transfer code
One thing is to know the Wema bank USSD code, and another thing is to activate the USSD code for banking transactions. Without activation, you won’t be able to carry out transaction via the USSD code.
Hence it is now imperative to activate the Wema bank USSD code on your registered linked Sim card with Wema.
To activate the Wema bank USSD banking code;
- Dial *945# on your phone
- And then follow the on-screen demand or instructions
- Information like account number, date of birth, setting of a new pin, and confirming new pin will be required of you so do well to provide them subsequently
You are now done with how to register wema bank ussd code activation process, you can now start to initiate all Wema bank USSD code banking transactions without any hassle.
Read Also: How To Create An Opay Account/ Opay Signup And Registration
Key takeaways about the Wema Bank *945# USSD transfer code
- To fully access the services offered by the Wema bank transfer code, the mobile number you are using to initiate a transaction must be registered with Wema bank
- Only Wema bank account holders can access the services offered by the USSD code
- The service is available to MTN, Airtel, Glo, and 9Mobile subscribers.
- The USSD code is available 24/7. That is to say, you can always count on *945# anytime, anyday
How To transfer money from Wema bank to other banks Via USSD code
To transfer money from Wema bank account to other bank accounts via USSD code is very simple. To do that, simply,
- Dial the code, *945*beneficiaryaccountnumber*amount#.
- Example, *945*12345678900*5000#
- Alternatively, dial *945# -> Transfer -> Select between Wema account or other banks -> provide the account number -> Confirm beneficiary bank -> enter the amount -> and then confirm the transfer with your PIN.
Read Also: Latest Method On How To Convert MTN, Airtel, 9Mobile Airtime To Cash
How To Activate Wema Bank Mobile banking
The Wema bank mobile banking enables you to conduct financial transactions using the Wema bank mobile app. Activating the Wema bank mobile banking is necessary if you are to execute monetary transactions with the bank through their mobile app.
Unlike the Wema USSD code, the Wema bank mobile banking requires an online connection in order to successfully carry out banking activities.
Now, to activate the wema bank mobile banking where you can send money to other bank accounts or same wema bank accounts, using the Wema bank mobile app, simply download the Wema bank mobile app for ANDROID here or iOS here if you don’t have the app installed on your phone.
The app is named ALAT on the Google Play store or iOS store.
When done, open the Wema mobile app. If it is your first time using the mobile app, click on Get Started to sign up and activate the wema bank mobile banking.
After activating the Wema bank mobile banking, log in to your Wema account.
How to transfer money from Wema Bank to other bank accounts
Now to transfer money from Wema account to a 3rd party account or other accounts,
- Click on Payments at the bottom of the app. Click on Send Money -> To Bank Account.
- Now select the Beneficiary bank and then input the account number
- The beneficiary account name will automatically verify in the account name section provided the bank account matches the account number.
- After verification, tap on NEXT and then put the amount on the subsequent page
- Finally, input your pin and then click on Send Money to confirm your transfer.
Read Also: How To Create An Opay Account; A Step By Step Guide
Other Services Offered By The Wema Bank Mobile Banking App
- Buying of airtime and data
- Payment of bills like utilities, betting and lottery, Cable TV, Embassy, Government payments, Association/Membership dues, transportation, investment and insurance, Religious institutions, and donations, etc.
- Make Remitta payments
- Funding and withdrawing from your eNaira wallet etc.
Basic USSD Transfer codes for Wema Bank and their services
|Banking Services||USSD Code|
|Buy Airtime||*945*phone Number*amount#|
|Get your Account Number||*945*000#|
|Check Account Balance||*945*0#|
|Change Account Number||*945*2*oldaccountnumber*newaccountnumber#|
|Send Money To Phone||*945*6*amount#|
|Get Quick Loan||*945*65#|
Airtime, And Data Codes
Read Also: How To Easily Check Your MTN, Airtel, Glo & 9Mobile Phone Number
Cable TV codes
|Cable TV menu||*945*10#|
|DSTV||*945*11# or *945*11*smartcardNO #|
|GOTV||*945*12# or *945*12*smartcardNO#|
|Startimes||*945*13# or *945*13*smartcardNO#|
Internet Service Codes
|Internet service menu||*945*15#|
Electricity Bill Recharge Codes
Schools and Exams Codes
|Check WAEC result||*945*70#|
|Check JAMB result||*945*71#|
|Lagos state collection||*945*40#l|
|Mcash||*945*57# or *945*57*merchantcode*amount#|
|Coralpay||*945*58# or *945*000*REFno#|
Read Also: How To Identify An MTN, Airtel, Glo And 9Mobile Number In Nigeria
Additional info about The Wema Bank USSD Code
- Unlike the mobile app, the Wema Bank USSD code is operated offline
- Payments of bills and other transactions like electricity payments, cable subscriptions, quick loans, etc, can also be done using the USSD code.
- You can use the wema bank USSD code to check your BVN number
- The Wema bank USSD code supports all device types
- The Wema bank USSD code and mobile app is always available for use at all times except on a few occasions when there is a service downtime
Additional info about the Wema Bank mobile banking app
- Transactions on the Wema mobile banking app is done online
- Payments of bills and other transactions like funding of eNaira account, utility payments, embassy, Remitta payments etc, are better done using the Wema mobile app
- You can also use the Wema bank mobile app to order for Wema bank ATM card, activate or block your ATM cards, enable and disable cards and also use it to create a virtual Dollar or Naira card
- You can use the Wema bank mobile app to also check your Bank Verification Number (BVN). NOTE that you will be charged a service fee of 100 naira
- Certain devices may not support the Wema bank mobile app
All you need to know about Wema bank, particularly on how to transfer money from Wema bank to other banks, USSD codes for Wema bank like airtime and data recharge, electricity payments, cable subscriptions, how to activate Wema bank mobile banking/USSD code, and all Wema bank codes have been comprehensively discussed above.
So if you find this post insightful, do well to tender your comments below and also share this with your friends. Also, remember to join us on Telegram so you can be the first to receive our updates once we drop them.