In the present day, people are asking questions like, why is my Facebook account disabled or restricted? So if you are facing this challenge, this article will put you in the know about why your Facebook account was disabled or restricted. Sometimes, the cause of the restriction could be from your end while on the other way around, the issue could be caused by other external factors or conditions.
Regardless of the cause, I will show you how to overcome a blocked Facebook account and how to avoid future account suspensions or restrictions.
Why is my Facebook account disabled?
According to Facebook, these are some of the common reasons why a user’s Facebook account could be disabled.
- Posting content that doesn’t follow the Facebook Terms.
- Using a fake name.
- Impersonating someone.
- Continuing behaviour that’s not allowed on Facebook and goes against our Community Standards.
- Contacting other people for the purpose of harassment, advertising, promoting, or other conduct that’s not allowed.
What to do in order to avoid your Facebook account from being disabled
To avoid your Facebook account from being disabled, you will also have to avoid the following things listed below.
- Avoid using abusive words, or online bullying
- Avoid using different devices that are not yours to login to your Facebook account to avoid your Facebook account being disabled or restricted
- Be active on your personal account
- Adding multiple people to any business group you are running
Avoid using abusive words
Do not engage in any form of online bullying, or promoting behaviours that are not allowed as you may risk facing a disabled account.
Avoid using different devices that are not yours to log in to your Facebook account
Do not use different devices to login into your account on multiple occasions too frequently.
Be active on your personal account
Post pictures online, like, share and comment on friends’ posts to allow Facebook to know that you are real and not a spy.
Also Check: How To Download Facebook Videos To Your Phone
What to do if your account has been disabled
Sometimes, your Facebook account could be disabled out of mistake or maybe as a result of serious violations of Facebook community standards. Whichever was the case, you can appeal the decision by simply using this Facebook form to make an account review. Keep in mind that the severity of your account violation could affect how fast your account can be restored or if it would be restored.
Another helpful tip to secure your Facebook account
Another way of protecting your Facebook account not just from account restriction, but from hackers is to use a two-factor authentication password.
Safeguard your Facebook account by setting a two-factor authentication in your facebook account. I know you might be wondering how to do the settings, but don’t worry am here for you. To enable two-factor authentication;
- You have to first open your Facebook app and then move to settings
- Tap on Security and Login, and then click on use Two-factor authentication.
- After that, you have to choose how you want the security to be set: It could be either through Security key, SMS or an Authentication app
- But I will advise you to go for the SMS as it is more convenient and easier.
- So quickly click on the text message (SMS) then add a phone number you want to use in receiving the message and click on continue. An OTP (One-Time Password) will be sent to the added phone number for security purposes
- Fill in the code in the space provided, and then the authentication will be done completely, then if anyone attempts to hack or log in to your Facebook account an OTP will be sent to your number. There you can be in the know when your account is being compromised by a hacker.
For more clarity on this, you can check out this my detailed guide on how to safeguard your Facebook account from hackers.
By now you can now tell some of the common reasons why your Facebook account was disabled and possible solutions to overcome the restriction. Keep in mind that your account may never be reinstated again if it severely violated the community standard. In minor cases, you’re sure to retrieve the account once your appeal has been submitted and reviewed by Facebook.
Were you able to reinstate your account or was the guide helpful in any way? let’s hear from you in the comment.